The method of steaming food was invented during the Han Dynasty thousands of years ago. Legend has it that General Han Xin made cooking utensils from bamboo and wood to cook food with steam. Throughout history, steaming has evolved to be one of the most iconic and essential cooking techniques in the Chinese culinary lexicon.
The steamer basket replaces the traditional bamboo base with terracotta. This natural material can absorb any excess moisture generated during steaming, ensuring that the food is perfectly moist. The steamer pot and lid are made from fireproof ceramic, which has excellent heat resistance compared to regular stoneware, making it less likely to crack at higher temperatures. The JIA Inc. steamer pot can be used on open flame gas stoves and in both conventional and microwave ovens.
• Designed by Office for Product Design, an acclaimed design studio based in Hong Kong
• Steamer basket made of terracotta which allows the absorption of excess moisture during steaming
• Steamer pot and lid are made from fireproof ceramic, which has excellent heat resistance properties
• Steaming basket made of cedar wood (suitable for hand wash only)
• Can be used on open flame gas stoves and in both conventional and microwave ovens
• Set includes steamer pot, 1 lid and 1 basket
Dimensions (Extra Large):
All items are in stock (or in transit) unless otherwise stated.
All of our items are delivered by DHL, Singapore Post or Simplypost. You will be notified when your item(s) has been shipped. We will deliver your items as a complete order where possible. If there are out of stock items in your order, we may opt to deliver them separately.
The price of the item does not include shipping, import duties or custom charges. The shipping cost is calculated based on the total weight of your items and the destination of your delivery. They will be automatically calculated during checkout. This will be borne by the customer and may be collected at delivery by our freight partners.