La Stanza dello Scirocco is a magical place found in the grand old houses in the Sicilian countryside, a place where people take shelter as they wait for the wind to calm down. Sicilian architect Mario Trimarchi took inspiration from this childhood memory to design a clock with unsteady, haphazard geometries, as if they have been moved by the wind. The irregular shapes of the hexagonal clock face and the surrounding tiles are obtained from the laser cutting and folding of a sheet of steel, a typical Alessi production technique. The spaces created between the tiles generate light and shade effects that add magic and dynamism to the object.
The clock comes in three versions: in stainless steel with mirrored finish, and painted in black or white epoxy resin. It runs on AA batteries. The object is completed with a rear black thermoplastic resin disc that houses the mechanism and has a hole for attaching the clock to the wall.
• Designed by Sicilian architect, Mario Trimarchi
• Inspired from his childhood memory in the Sicilian countryside where people take shelter as they wait for the wind to calm down to design a clock with unsteady, haphazard geometries, as if they have been moved by the wind
• Irregular shapes of the hexagonal clock face and surrounding tiles obtained from the laser cutting and folding of a sheet of steel
• Spaces created between tiles to generate light and shade effects to add magic and dyanmism
• Available in three different versions of stainless steel with mirrored finish, black and white epoxy resin
Runs on AA batteries
Hole for easy attachment of clock to the wall
All items are in stock (or in transit) unless otherwise stated.
All of our items are delivered by DHL, Singapore Post or Simplypost. You will be notified when your item(s) has been shipped. We will deliver your items as a complete order where possible. If there are out of stock items in your order, we may opt to deliver them separately.
The price of the item does not include shipping, import duties or custom charges. The shipping cost is calculated based on the total weight of your items and the destination of your delivery. They will be automatically calculated during checkout. This will be borne by the customer and may be collected at delivery by our freight partners.