Icelandic designer Sigurjón Pálsson has created a range of characterful Shorebirds for Normann Copenhagen. Turned from solid oak, their simple unadorned silhouette gives them a stylized expression. Much care has been paid to the small details such as variations in body thicknesses, neck length, and the positioning of the legs and beak which gives all three birds their own unique personality and allows the design to come alive.
The largest of the three birds is inspired by the curlew, with its long neck and distinguished, downwardly bent beak. It is an aristocratic creature. Its long legs take slow, well-considered steps while looking cautiously around. The large Shorebird can be placed on a shelf, sideboard, or dresser where it can proudly stand side by side with your vases and other decorative items.
• Designed by Icelandic designer Sigurjón Pálsson for Normann Copenhagen
• All three birds have unique personality through variations in body thickness, neck length and positioning of the legs and beak
• Inspired by various species of birds such as the curlew, redshank and sandpiper which represent the large, middle and small sized birds respectively
• Suitable to be placed on shelves, sideboard or dresser or it can be displayed in groups of different sizes and colours
• Made of turned solid oak and lacquered steel
All items are in stock (or in transit) unless otherwise stated.
All of our items are delivered by DHL, Singapore Post or Simplypost. You will be notified when your item(s) has been shipped. We will deliver your items as a complete order where possible. If there are out of stock items in your order, we may opt to deliver them separately.
The price of the item does not include shipping, import duties or custom charges. The shipping cost is calculated based on the total weight of your items and the destination of your delivery. They will be automatically calculated during checkout. This will be borne by the customer and may be collected at delivery by our freight partners.