This edition of the Nuovo Milano 24-piece Monobloc Cutlery Set designed by Ettore Sottsass for Alessi includes six table spoons, six table forks, six table knives Monobloc (solid handled) and six coffee spoons. The monobloc knives are made of AISI 420 stainless steel mirror polished. All other pieces are 18/10 mirror polished stainless steel. This set of flatware arrives in gift packaging. Ettore Sottsass wanted his “smooth as an ocean rock”, with a soft and rounded shape and after several years of formal experimenting, prototyping, and technological research Nuovo Milano entered into production and subsequently won the XVIth Compasso d'Oro award in 1989 and the Bio 12 at the Ljubljana Biennial in 1988.
A recognized classic, Nuovo Milano has been selected by numerous museums including: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt - National Design Museum and V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum.
• Designed by Ettore Sottsass for Alessi
• Soft, rounded shape inspired by the smooth edge of ocean rocks
• Consists of six table spoons, six table forks, six table knives Monobloc (solid handled) and six coffee spoons
• Beautifully packaged and excellent choice as gifts
• Won the XVIth Compasso d'Oro award in 1989
• Made of AISI 420 stainless steel (table knives) and 18/10 mirror polished stainless steel
All items are in stock (or in transit) unless otherwise stated.
All of our items are delivered by DHL, Singapore Post or Simplypost. You will be notified when your item(s) has been shipped. We will deliver your items as a complete order where possible. If there are out of stock items in your order, we may opt to deliver them separately.
The price of the item does not include shipping, import duties or custom charges. The shipping cost is calculated based on the total weight of your items and the destination of your delivery. They will be automatically calculated during checkout. This will be borne by the customer and may be collected at delivery by our freight partners.