The Lucky Rug designed by Karin An Rijlaarsdam for danskina is constructed from a twisted cabled yarn developed exclusively for this design made from pure New Zealand wool. Hand-knotted by skilled craftsmen from Northern India, Lucky is made by hanging loose yarns from a loop, then two by two the warp yarns are knotted together, downwards, leaving loose cutpile fringes, which give a charming unfinished look.
Tactile and organic, this thick, warm and durable rug suits most floors and interior styles, the knots have the appearance of small rosettes. Karin found her inspiration for the design in Brazil. ‘I am always intrigued how rhythm and dance are deeply embedded into the culture here, connecting different generations and social layers,’ she explains. ‘One day I found a beautiful “afoxé”, a percussion instrument handmade out of a calabash gourd wrapped in a net of knotted rope and beads. This Afro-Brazilian instrument is often used in spiritual and activism-related music and dance performances. The afoxé became very popular in Bahia, Northern Brazil, which for me is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The knotted rope around the instrument inspired me to develop our hand-knotted design for Lucky.’
• Designed by Karin An Rijlaarsdam for danskina
• Constructed from twisted cabled yarn developed exclusively for this design
• Made from pure New Zealand wool and hand-knotted by skilled craftsmen from Northern India
• Made by hanging loose yarns from a loop, then two by two the warp yarns are knotted together, downwards, leaving loose cutpile fringes, which give a charming unfinished look
• Inspired by “afoxé” - a percussion instrument handmade out of a calabash gourd wrapped in a net of knotted rope and beads
• Available in 5 different colours of Cement, Mustard, Piggy, Karmin and Chocolate
180cm x 240cm
200cm x 300cm
Weight in per sqm: 7.3kg
Pile height: 2.7cm
Lead time of 12 weeks (excluding shipping). Please enquire for availability and shipping quotation. We regret that we may not be able to deliver to certain countries due to shipping restrictions.
All of our items are delivered by DHL, Singapore Post or Simplypost. You will be notified when your item(s) has been shipped. We will deliver your items as a complete order where possible. If there are out of stock items in your order, we may opt to deliver them separately.
The price of the item does not include shipping, import duties or custom charges. The shipping cost is calculated based on the total weight of your items and the destination of your delivery. They will be automatically calculated during checkout. This will be borne by the customer and may be collected at delivery by our freight partners.