The interplay between positive and negative space is central to &Tradition In Between Chair SK2 by Sami Kallio. Its back and side panels provide a concrete shape and support, but forms are created equally by the gaps in between them. Kallio’s expertise in traditional woodworking craftsmanship is evident in the chair. In Between is produced using two classical techniques; compression molding (making it light and thin, yet strong) and woodturning (a technique that uses a lathe to achieve greater detail).Sami Kallio, with his solid grounding in the traditional woodworking techniques of Scandinavia and his eye for ingenious detail, has proven to be the ideal candidate to design the first wooden chair in &tradition’s stable. The upholstered seat is the perfect addition to the wooden chair, it embraces modern lifestyles and long, cosy dinners around the dining table, without compromising the chair’s light and elegant expression.
• Central to In Between Chair by Sami Kallio’for &tradition is the interplay between positive and negative space
• Back and side panels provide a concrete shape and support, but forms are created equally by the gaps in between them
• Produced using two classical techniques; compression molding (making it light and thin, yet strong) and woodturning (a technique that uses a lathe to achieve greater detail)
• Upholstered seat is the perfect addition to the wooden chair
• Embraces the modern lifestyles with long, cosy dinners around the dining table, without compromising the chair’s light and elegant expression
• Available in white oiled oak, smoked oiled oak or black stained ash, and upholstered in either fabric or leather
H: 77cm/30.3in, W: 58cm/22.8in, D: 54cm/21.2in.
Armrest height: 70cm/27.6in.
Seating height: 45cm/17.7in.
Materials: Solid wood, formpressed veneer, CMHR foam, fabric or leather upholstery.
Wood finishes: White oiled oak, Smoked oiled oak, Black stained ash (RAL 9005)
Standard upholstery options:
(1) White oiled oak with Fiord 251, (2) White oiled oak with Cognac Silk leather (3) Smoked oiled oak with Fiord 171, (4) Smoked oiled oak with Black Silk leather, (5) Black stained ash with Fiord 191 and (6) Black stained ash with Black Silk aniline leather.
Item is available for pre-order. Lead time of 3-4 weeks (excluding shipping).
All of our items are delivered by DHL, Singapore Post or Simplypost. You will be notified when your item(s) has been shipped. We will deliver your items as a complete order where possible. If there are out of stock items in your order, we may opt to deliver them separately.
The price of the item does not include shipping, import duties or custom charges. The shipping cost is calculated based on the total weight of your items and the destination of your delivery. They will be automatically calculated during checkout. This will be borne by the customer and may be collected at delivery by our freight partners.